Bethel Bible Camp currently has one opening for summer 2022 for Camp Coordinator. The camp coordinator exists to support the camp committee & administrator in making sure that things run smoothly this summer at Bethel.
Please do not hesitate to direct any questions to the committee via the email address below. Please read the job description below and if you, or someone you know would be a great fit for the position, please email a resume to: email@example.com
(Please contact the committee if you do not receive a response indicating we have received your application within 48 hours of sending it.)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: May 16, 2022
START DATE: Somewhat flexible, mid June Preferred
END DATE: Mid August (8 – 10 weeks )
COMPENSATION WAGE: $16.25 per hr, plus $0.55 per KM for driving related tasks within work hours.
HOURS: 40 hours a week. This job is full-time and very self-directed, so a responsible, initiative-taking person with the ability to learn quickly is needed. In addition to this, high inter-personal skills are essential. Days off during the week will vary as to camp schedule needs.
The camp coordinator will work alongside the Bethel Bible Camp committee & administrator in various administrative and everyday tasks. Since Bethel Bible Camp will be operating out of a new dining hall, kitchen and washroom building this summer, there are new responsibilities, expectations and procedures for maintaining the facility that the camp coordinator will take responsibility for.
Some of the expected responsibilities are:
- Developing and implementing dish pit best practices. The coordinator will ensure that each new group will understand how to use the dishwasher, and other kitchen-related procedures. This means that the coordinator must be available on Saturdays and Sundays at the end and beginning of each camp in order to ensure things are shut down, and set up properly.
- Responsible for communicating with the cook on groceries that need to be picked up locally and delivered to the camp during the week. The coordinator will keep in touch with the camp grocery buyer to assist them in ordering the large grocery orders.
- Cleaning and locking the camp after a week of program is finished, this means the camp coordinator will collaborate closely with the week’s respective directors and ensure that everything is ready to go for the next week.
- Check in with and assist the camp administrator with any day-to-day needs
- Support the camp leadership (directors, committee, administrator) by making occasional trips into Westlock to grab needed supplies.
The successful candidate will have organizational skills, be literate in administrative computer programs like google docs & sheets. Previous camp volunteer experience (especially experience at BBC) will be an asset. The successful candidate will willingly comply with Bethel Bible Camp’s statement of faith. The candidate must have their own vehicle to travel to and from the camp facility, as needed. The candidate must be between 16 – 30 years of age to qualify for our Canada Summer Jobs grant.